Fancy having a go yourself? This great video gives you a step by step guide to making your own damson gin.
Of course our old secret recipe at Joan’s Hole is a little bit more involved and our special ageing process makes our damson gin incredibly smooth. Why not try for yourself and then compare
Some Interesting Facts about Damsons:
- The name damson originates from the original name Damacus plum.
- Damsons originated in Asia Minor and were brought to England by the Romans.
- Damson wine was hugely popular in the 19th Century.
- Damsons can and are also steeped in still cider in parts of the country.
- Damsons are often used for jam on account of their slightly tart flavour.
- Damsons can also be steeped in vodka, brandy and whiskey….At Joan’s hole we use a traditional recipe using London Dry Gin.