Some Interesting Facts about Damsons:
- The name damson originates from the original name Damacus plum.
- Damsons originated in Asia Minor and were brought to England by the Romans.
- Damson wine was hugely popular in the 19th Century.
- Damsons can and are also steeped in still cider in parts of the country.
- Damsons are often used for jam on account of their slightly tart flavour.
- Damsons can also be steeped in vodka, brandy and whiskey….At Joan’s hole we use a traditional recipe using London Dry Gin.
Why not give our legendary Damson gin a try for yourself ? Visit our shop